2017 Grand Marshal
We are so honored to announce our 2017 Grand Marshal is Dr. Jean Amoura!
Dr. Amoura is an Associate Professor at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. She received her medical degree from UNMC and trained in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Michigan. She later obtained a master of science degree from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in Reproductive and Sexual Health Research. She has been serving transgender youth and adults for over ten years, and now sees patients at UNMC in Omaha and at the University Health Clinic in Lincoln. She has presented research and training at national and international transgender health conferences. She is a member of the World Professional Association of Transgender Health (WPATH). Locally, she is a member of Professional Transgender Resource Network (PTRN) and has provided training in transgender health to interdisciplinary groups in the community.
Additionally, she has served on community panels for Gender Reel and Transgender Day of Visibility, and is a co-organizer of GenderWorks, a regional conference on transgender health.
Thank you Dr. Amoura for honoring us with the acceptance of your nomination.
Do you know someone you think would be the perfect Grand Marshal for our 2018 Parade? Nominate them now!
All Nominated Parties should meet the following criteria:
1. Nominee shall reside in the Greater Omaha Metro – Council Bluffs Area
2. Nominee must be in good standing in the community.
3. Nominations should pertain to the Mission and/or Vision of Heartland Pride:
MISSION: Heartland Pride Celebrates and Promotes the history, diversity and future prosperity of
the LGBTQ+ community of the Heartland.
VISION: We believe in a day when the Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Transgender and Queer community
is globally integrated and recognized for its contributions, and when equality and civil rights
have been achieved for all.
4. Nominees should be persons who have displayed outstanding service and commitment in the
LGBTQ+ community through volunteerism or other outstanding achievements.
5. Nominee’s activities relating to the vision should be above and beyond the nominee’s profession or normal call of duty.
6. The Grand Marshal position shall be limited to one (1) person, unless there is a family or couple selected.
7. Nominee should be able and willing to carry out the functions of the Grand Marshal of the Pride week Parade.
8. Nominations must be received on or before MARCH 31, 2018.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com