- Non-Profit Groups
Intercultural Senior CenterIntercultural Senior Center
The Intercultural Senior Center is a community center that welcomes adults ages 50+ from around the world. Services include:
- Case management and other social services such as support groups, grandparenting classes, food pantry, and more
- Health and wellness activities such as exercises classes, foot care clinic, gardening, and classes and workshops
- Nutrition services such as light breakfast, cooking classes, and education. ISC is a lunch site through the Eastern Nebraska Office on Aging
- Education classes in English as a Second Language, Spanish conversation, citizenship, and technology
- Social activities such as arts and crafts, sewing, dancing, holiday and cultural celebrations, and field trips to area attractions
- Transportation may be available
- ISC’s staff speak Spanish, English, Karen, Karenni, Nepali, Burmese, and Arabic
ISC has partnered with SAGECare for training to provide services and programs to meet the needs of older LGBTQIA+ adults and to create a safe and welcoming place for all participants, volunteers, and staff. This is part of ISC’s vision for our region to value the wisdom and experience of diverse older adults and to create opportunities for them to embrace and enhance our community.
See our website for this month’s activity calendar, lunch menu, and the latest information on what is happening at ISC.