The deadline to register is June 9, 2023.
Please select your organization status before adding to your cart.
For the safety of parade participants, spectators and the general public, and to ensure the parade is in line with the values of the Heartland Pride organization, parade participants MUST agree to the following terms & conditions:
- Applications are subject to approval by the Heartland Pride Parade Committee. Heartland Pride reserves the right to reject any application it believes would be inappropriate given the nature of the event.
- The parade coordinator will send out a line-up and further instructions at least one week prior to the parade. The parade will start promptly at 10:00 am.• All registered groups/individuals must be in their designated line-up position by 8:30 am on day of parade. At this time the parade’s judges will be walking through the line-up area for a preview of all the units.
- Entrants are responsible for the set-up and cleanup of their vehicle before and after the parade.
- All units agree to follow the direction(s) of the Heartland Pride Parade Coordinator, Heartland Pride Parade Security, and the Local Police Department at all times.
- Heartland Pride is a family-friendly, inclusive celebration of community. No signs, banners, or groups promoting or showing profanity, sexual acts, or obscene material will be permitted.
- All state and local ordinances regarding nudity will be strictly enforced. All costumes and other apparel worn during the parade (during line-up or the actual parade) must comply with the obscenity statutes of the State as well as the public decency ordinances of the City. No jock straps, G-strings, bras, or panties will be permitted to appear in the parade, also no “see-thru” clothing will be permitted. All decisions as to the propriety of attire to be worn in the parade will be made by the parade coordinator.
- The throwing of objects is NOT permitted under any circumstance. It is OK to hand out candy along the parade path but throwing of any and all objects is prohibited.
- No use of Strobe Lights will be permitted.
- No alcoholic beverages or drug use will be permitted. Consumption of alcoholic beverages or illicit illegal drugs during line-up or the actual parade is grounds for immediate expulsion from the event.
- No animals will be allowed in the parade without approval by the parade coordinator.
- All entrants with a motorized vehicle must carry proof of insurance with them in the parade. All motor vehicles, including motorcycles, must abide by posted speed limits during the parade route. Operating vehicles in close proximity to spectators is dangerous and NOT permitted. Operators of automobiles must possess a valid driver license. Operators of motorcycles must possess a valid driver license with motorcycle endorsement.
- It is the responsibility of any entrant to help immediately remove vehicle(s) that become disabled. If you are unsure about your own vehicle, please plan ahead for any towing needs you may have. Any fees associated with towing, repairing, and tickets issued by law enforcement agencies for abandoned vehicles will be the responsibility of the entrant. The Heartland Pride Parade is not responsible for any damages to any unit before, during or after the parade.
- At no time, and for no circumstance, shall a unit stop in or along the parade route once the unit has stepped off, with exception to the direction of Heartland Pride Parade Staff or Local Police Officers or in the event of an emergency of any kind.