- Political Organizations
Douglas County Democratic PartyDouglas County Democratic Party
We are the Douglas County Democrats
We are a Party of renewed energy, vigor and attitude. Douglas County has made history time and time again by:
- The election of the first 2 African-American women to the State Legislature.
- Electing the first Transgender candidate in the state to the Ralston Board of Education.
- Electing more women and people of color than any other county.
- Defending the only Constitutional Elected Democratic Official in Nebraska – Crystal Rhoades.
- Democrats are the majority on the City Council, County Board, Metropolitan Community College Board of Governors, Omaha Public School Board and County offices.
- We gave an electoral vote to Barack Obama in 2008.
The Douglas County Democratic Central Committee
The Committee meets on the 4th Thursday of every month.
Meetings convene at 7pm at the CWA (Communication Workers of America) hall at 44th and Frances (near 42nd and Center). Parking and entry is on the west side of the building. Handicap entry is on the east side of the building. Metro bus access includes the no’s. 15/55 routes and the no. 3 route. Both are within 1 or 2 blocks of the building.