They Have The Potential To Change The World. We are standing together to defend it. Join Us.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands (BBBSM) believes that every child has incredible potential, we just need to defend it. We do that through professionally supported mentoring relationships between an adult volunteer, a “Big”, and a “Little” – a young person, in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. We know youth who are members of the LGBTQIA++ community face many challenges including an increased risk for bullying, suicide attempts, and homelessness. BBBSM is committed to developing positive relationships with adult mentors to be a support in those challenges. We are an inclusive and affirming organization for mentees, mentors, families, and employees of all identities.
HOW TO MENTOR:
- Spend time with a young person, ages 7 to 21, doing activities you already enjoy.
- 2 outings per month, totaling 4 hours per month.
- Commit to at least one year.
CRITERIA TO BECOME A BIG:
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Have valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable access to transportation.
STAND WITH US.
Visit http://www.bbbsomaha.org, call 402-330-2449, email [email protected] for more information.